Publicity Department of Jiangsu Provincial Committee of the Communist Party of China, Sports Bureau of Jiangsu Province, Wuxi Municipal People’s Government
Jiangsu Sports Competitions Administration Center, Sports Bureau of Wuxi City, Huipao Events
Chinese Athletics Association
November 6th, 2022 Wuxi ž China
Marathon (42.195 km), Half Marathon (21.0975 km), Happy Run (6 km)
Men’s marathon group, women’s marathon group, men’s half-marathon group, women’s half marathon group, happy run group
7:30, November 6th, 2022
(Ⅰ) Start: the crossing of Taihu Avenue and Yinxiu Road;
(Ⅱ) Finish: Wuxi Taihu International Expo Center (marathon), the stadium of Jiangnan University (half marathon), Lihu Central Park (happy run)
(I)It will be implemented in accordance with the latest WA Competition Rules(Edition 2021) approved by CAA, Compilation of Road Running Management Documents of CAA and regulations and rules of this event.
(II)According to the Notice on Disabled Athletes Participating in National Marathon and Related Sports Events issued by CAA, disabled athletes who meet the participating conditions are allowed to participate in this competition.
(III)The best result of the marathon or half marathon held on the “Chinese Marathon” platform between December 1st, 2018 and December 1st, 2021 as the certification level of “A1 event” will be taken as the basis of the division and the athletes will enter the designated area to gather. Non-racing wheelchair athletes and those with baby strollers must gather behind the happy run assembly area. Wheelchair athletes are not allowed to participate in this competition because the course conditions do not permit.
The organizing committee will set up the roll-call carpet in front of each division. The athletes must enter in strict accordance with the division. After the start of the race, the result will be valid only if the athlete passes the roll-call carpet of his/her division and then the timing carpet of starting point.
(IV)The way of start
The method of starting at the same time with one shot is adopted. If an athlete commits a null start, it will not stop and the Chief Referee will proceed to disqualify him.
1. This event adopts the induction timing method for marathon and half marathon. The induction timing chips will start the timing when the athlete passes the starting point (net time), while the happy run will not be timed. Marathon winners are ranked by gun time and half marathon winners are ranked by net time.
2. Timing carpets are set at the starting point, every 5km point, the turning point and the finishing point. Athletes must pass all the timing carpets in turn during the race. Finishing the race within the cut-off time but missing any of the timing points will results in cancellation of the final result and will not be ranked.
3. Timing chips will be distributed at the check-in site together with number bibs and other kits. The one-time timing chips will be used in this event. No deposit will be charged and no return will be made after the race.
(VI)Cut-off distance and time
In order to ensure the safety of the athletes, the rolling closure of social traffic is carried out within a limited time. Each section of the race route has a special cut-off time. At the cut-off time, the timing carpet at the corresponding distance point will stop working and the social traffic will resume at the corresponding road section. Within the prescribed cut-off time, the athletes who do not finish the corresponding distance shall immediately stop and exit the course to avoid any danger. Athletes who quit the race can take one of the broom buses along the way to the finish or choose to leave by public transport.
The cut-off time will be calculated according to natural time. See the table below for details:
Marathon & Half marathon
(VII)Drop bag service
1. Athletes of marathon and half marathon will deposit their clothes in the designated area of the starting point according to the number bib. After arriving at the finish, they will pick up their clothes in the corresponding area marked on the number bib. The organizing committee will not inspect the items placed in the bag. Therefore, the complaints about the item condition will not be accepted and the committee will not be liable for loss or damage. We suggest that valuables such as mobile phones, certificates and cash should not be stored in the depositing bag. Drop bag service is not available for happy run race.
2. At the starting point on the race day, the organizing committee will stop the drop bag service for the athletes at 7:15. Please arrange proper time. Before 11:15 on the race day half marathon athletes and before 14:15 on the race day marathon athletes shall pick up their personal belongings at the designated area at the finish. If the athlete does not pick it up after the deadline, he/she can get it back from the organizing committee within 5 days after the race (if the athletes need to mail it, the cost incurred will be borne by themselves). If the athlete does not pick up after the deadline, the organizing committee will treat as no claim.
1. The organizing committee will set up fixed medical stations along the course and at the finish of each race.
2. The organizing committee will set up mobile AED medical rescue service along the course.
3. The organizing committee will arrange first-aid volunteers along the course to assist in medical aid and maintain the race order. Athletes can ask them for help at any time.
4. In case of loss of consciousness during the event, the medical staff and first aid volunteers of the Organizing Committee will be automatically authorized to give first aid by all means, including but not limited to CPR, AED, rental of vehicles or aviation tools for rapid transport. The resulting legal liability and the accompanying costs shall be borne by the athletes themselves. The medical and medical staff, first aid volunteers and the organizing committee staff shall not be held responsible for any legal or economic responsibilities.
5. During the event, the medical station, the ambulance medical staff and the first aid personnel have the right to judge and stop the athlete from participating in the race according to his/her condition. The athlete must obey the arrangements of the medical staff and the first aid personnel. If the athlete does not follow the advice of the medical staff and the first aid team, all the consequences and responsibilities arising from his/her adherence to the competition shall be borne by the athlete himself/herself. If any medical officer on the course asks an athlete to withdraw from the race, the athlete must immediately stop the race and leave the course.
(IX) The athletes will be tested for doping in accordance with the relevant regulations of WA and CAA.
(X) For other specific requirements and arrangements of the event, please refer to the Official Manual.
1. Marathon race, aged above 20 (born before Nov.6, 2002)
2. Half marathon race, aged above 18 (born before Nov.6, 2004)
3. Happy run race, aged above 8 (born before Nov.6, 2014)
Cautions: Minors under the age of 18 who register to participate in the event must be present at the same time with their guardian or legal representative when check in, and their guardian or legal representative must sign the Participation Notes and Underage Insurance Notification on the site before they can collect the race kits and participate in the event. Minors under the age of 16 shall register for happy run race and their guardian or legal representative must register for the same event and accompany them to participate in the happy run race. Otherwise, the race kits will not be distributed and the roll-call will not be recorded.
(II)Requirement for the physical status of athletes
Marathon and related sports is a sport that constantly challenges athletes’ own limits and has certain risks. If the movement is improper, may cause different degrees of physical injury, or even endanger life. Therefore, athletes should be in good health and have a regular basis of running exercise or training. Moreover, athletes should undergo physical examination in qualified formal medical institutions, and evaluate their physical condition based on the physical examination report to confirm whether they can participate in marathon and related sports events.
1. Congenital heart diseases and rheumatic heart diseases
2. Hypertension and cerebral vascular diseases
3. Myocarditis and other heart diseases
4. Coronary artery disease and severe arrhythmia
5. Diabetes with hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia
6. Have a cold within two weeks before the race
7. Drinking too much alcohol or not getting enough sleep the night before the race
9. Other diseases unsuitable for sports
The organizing committee requires each athlete to have a physical examination in a hospital at or above the county level before the event. Only those who are in good health can participate in the competition. Otherwise, the athletes shall bear the responsibility for the personal damage and property loss caused by their own health or other personal reasons.
(III)Pandemic prevention and control requirements
1. Health Code and Travel Card must be ensured green during the event.
2. No traveling history outside China within 10 days and in a medium or high-risk area within 7 days before check-in day is permitted.
3. Confirmed cases, suspected cases, asymptomatic cases, the close contacts of Covid-19 or persons had close contact with cases above are not permitted to participate.
4. Those who have fever, cough and other symptoms and have not excluded the suspected symptoms of COVID-19 are not permitted to participate.
5. Persons under medical observation or health monitoring are prohibited to entry.
6. The family members living together also must meet the above conditions.
7. Negative nucleic acid results tested within 48 hours before check-in must be provided when check in. 2 nucleic acid tests in 3 days and health monitoring for athletes who have come to Wuxi from outside is required.
8. 7-day Travel Card must be provided.
9. Health and pandemic prevention inspection must be conducted by cooperating with organizing committee.
10. Health Commitment containing the above provisions must be signed before collecting the race kits.
11. Before the start of the event, the athletes from districts and cities with medium and high-risk areas are prohibited to participate. The athletes from these areas who have already obtained the places should withdraw within the specified time.
12. Those who meet all the above conditions can only take part in the event after being approved by the organizing committee. If any bad influence is caused by concealing or filling in false information, the organizing committee has right to cancel the qualification of the athlete and pursue relevant legal responsibilities according to law.
13. In case if any new changes in the domestic pandemic situation, the organizing committee will make further adjustments to the event according to the new pandemic prevention and control requirements and make timely announcements. Athletes should pay attention to the event in time.
Organizing committee will pay close attention to the situation of the pendemic. If the situation changes significantly before the competition, the event maybe postponed or canceled after evalution.
(IV)Way of entry
1. The entry limit for marathon is 18,000, half marathon is 7,000, and happy run is 2,000. If the number of applicants exceeds the quota, the method of drawing lots and waiting will be adopted to obtain the qualification.
2. Please refer to the Entry Notes on the official website for details of entry methods, entry procedures, alternate and exit methods.
3. Before the race, the organizing committee will inform the athletes to log on the official website to check the entry number.
4. Each race will allocate 20% of its quota for the first round of the draw to select athletes who retained the quota to 2022. Among them, there are 3,600 athletes in marathon race, 1400 athletes in half marathon race and 400 athletes in happy run race.
5. There are 300 charity quota for marathon and 200 for half marathon. After the deadline, the athletes who choose the charity quota can be exempted from the lottery and directly get the qualification for the race. Once the quota is confirmed, withdrawal will not be accepted.
6. The top 100 male/female marathon athletes of all age groups will go through to 2022 Wuxi Marathon. The top 50 male/female half marathon athletes of that will go through, too. The quantity is as follows:
More than 60
All go-through performance will be ranked according to the performance data of any “A1 event” certified by CAA and held between December 1st, 2018 and December 1st, 2021, which can be found on the “Chinese Marathon” website.
7. According to the performance data of any marathon event between December 1st, 2018 and December 1st, 2021 certified by CAA, which can be found on the “Chinese Marathon” website, the athletes with the best performance less than 3 hours and 5 minutes in marathon race or 1 hour and 30 minutes in half marathon race will go through to 2022 Wuxi Marathon.
8. Athletes who have registered for any event of Wuxi Marathon for 7 or more times from 2014 to 2022 and have obtained the qualification of any race(excluding those who apply for a refund after obtaining the quota) can be exempted from the lottery and directly get the qualification.
9. The 100 winning athletes of “I want to run Wuxi Marathon” 2022 Lantern Festival online race can be exempted from the lottery and directly get the qualification.
10. Elite athletes, official pacers, title sponsors, sponsors, partners and official media will be uniformly allocated by the organizing committee.
Marathon ￥200/Person or $50/person
Half marathon ￥200/Person or $50/person
happy run ￥100/Person or $30/person
Charity Quota ￥1600/Person or $300/person.
(I)Marathon ranking award:
The top 8 male and female athletes (according to gun time) will get prize (unit: US dollars) respectively. The Chinese athletes will be given equivalent RMB according to the exchange rate on the day of the event.
Within 2:09:30 Excluded
Within 2:26:00 Excluded
Above 2:09:30 Included
Above 2:26:00 Included
Within 2:10:30 Excluded
Above 2:10:30 Included
Above 2:27:00 Included
Within 2:12:00 Excluded
Within 2:28:00 Excluded
Above 2:12:00 Included
Above 2:28:00 Included
(II)Half marathon ranking award
The top 3 male and female athletes (according to net time) will get prize (RMB, unit: yuan) respectively.
(III) All the prizes mentioned above are subject to 20% personal income tax.
According to WA C1.6 Label Road Race Regulations 5.2, there shall be a 1.5% levy on the published gross prize money (i.e. before any penalties and taxes) for the top 5 finishers as elite athletes’ contribution to the anti-doping fund. The contribution will be deducted by Organizing Committee from the sums paid to elite athletes and paid by the Organizing Committee directly to World Athletics.
The prize money will be distributed by contacting the winners 30 working days after the race (the athletes who are tested for doping must wait for the results of doping test to be released). If the winner fails the doping test result, his/her performance, ranking and reward will be cancelled. The ranking will not be replaceable.
(IV) The top 3 male and female marathon athletes will be awarded trophies and medals respectively.
(V) Commemorative trophies will be awarded to the top 3 male and female (net timing) Athletes in each age group in the marathon, which will be mailed to the Athletes after the result announcement period. According to the age at the time of the race, the following groups are divided:
Under the age of 29
Age 30 – 34
Age 35 – 39
Age 40 – 44
Age 45 – 49
Age 50 – 54
Age 55 – 59
Over the age of 60
（VI）Athletes who finish the race within the cut-off time can get finishing items and finishing medals (marathon and half marathon) or commemorative medals (happy run) with their valid number bib and event wristband.
(VII) For those who finish the race within the cut-off time (marathon), please apply for the finishing wear via the official website after the race. Please pay attention to the announcement on the official website after the race for the specific application method.
(VIII) Happy run race does not count for results and placing
(IX) Athletes who finish the competition within the cut-off time can log on to the official website 24 hours after the end of the race to check their results. Athletes who are not among the current 20 athletes can download their results certificates at the same time. Certificates include gun time, net time, etc. Failure to achieve any of the induction timing points will result in disqualification of the athlete according to WA C2.1 Technical Rules TR55.10.
(X) The results will be announced on the official website for 10 days within 24 hours after the race. If any athlete has any objection to the results during the publicity period, please contact the organizing committee and provide authentic and valid evidence. The current 20 athletes must wait until the end of the publicity period before downloading their certificates from the official website.
The Organizing Committee will carry out video monitoring to the start, the entire route and the finish.
(Ⅰ) Athletes, who appear an impostor for entry(run), fraud to rank and prize for events, and so on, who at the same time wear more than two (including two) chips in the competition, who forge the number bib to entry, who relay alternately, will be punished by Wuxi Marathon organizing committee and CAA.
1. The Organizing Committee gives the following punishments:
1.1 The Referee will cancel the result and ranking of all relevant violators in 2022 Wuxi Marathon.
1.2 All violators will be banned from participating in Wuxi Marathon for life.
1.3 The treatment results will be published on the official website of Wuxi Marathon.
2. If the violation mentioned above happens again, he/she will be banned by CAA from participating in all certified events of CAA for one to three years or lifetime.
(Ⅱ) In case of any of the following problems occurring during the competition, the organizing committee will give the athletes the punishment of cancellation of qualification and result of 2022 Wuxi Marathon, suspension of competition, 1-2 years and lifetime ban according to the seriousness of the case, and the serious case will be reported to CAA for additional punishment:
1. Those who entry with false age
2. Those who conceal physical diseases
3. Those who fail to wear race clothing, number bibs and race wristbands as required
4. Those who are not in the prescribed starting order in front of the designated starting area
5. Those who do not start at the prescribed time in the starting activities
6. Those the coach or agent of which enters the course in any vehicle
7. Those who fail to finish the race, take a short cut, cut in the middle of the race or enter the course after taking a vehicle.
8. Those who foul such as squeezing, pushing, bumping into or tripping over others in the competition
9. Those who pass the finishing line repeatedly to claim souvenirs without following the specified requirements
10. Those who pass the finish line without finishing the whole race to get souvenirs
11. Those who do not obey the instructions of the referee
12. Those who curse, fight or cause trouble during the competition
13. Those who stay for a long time cause security risks in the area where the athletes are located
14. Other violations of competition regulations.
15. Violation of WA C2.1 Technical Rules 6.3.1.
16. Violation of WA C2.1 Technical Rules 55.6 on invalid start.
17. Violation of WA C2.1 Technical Rules 55.8.8 on refreshment out of area.
Unlisted items are controlled by CAA and WA in accordance with technical regulations.
It is illegal to use false information to obtain the race qualification or transfer the race qualification to others after registration, and the replacement Athlete shall be responsible for all the consequences of the race.
The organizing Committee and CAA will ban those who hold fake nucleic acid test certificates from participating in all certified events of CAA for life. Any violation of the law shall be dealt with by the public security and judicial departments according to law.
This competition provides insurance for all athletes and staff. The policy is subject to the registration information. Any wrong registration information will lead to the failure of insurance. The responsibility shall be borne by the applicant.
To be appointed by WA, CAA and Jiangsu Athletics Association.
(I) Service Tel: 400-99-42195 Ext. 1
(Work Time: 9:00-17:00 from Monday to Friday)
(III)Official website: wuximarathon.com
Matters not specified in the regulations are subject to the rules of CAA and WA. The right of interpretation of this regulation belongs to Wuxi Marathon Organizing Committee. Any matters not mentioned herein will be notified separately.
Wuxi Marathon Organizing Committee